Firemath - The MathML Editor
Firemath Release Notes
- New: Insert MathML content from file at cursor position
- New: (copy/paste) Paste at cursor position
- New: (copy/paste) Copy object under cursor to clipboard
- New: (copy/paste) Copy parts of equation to clipboard
- Fix: Understands/ignores <semantics> element when interpreting MathML
- Fix: Unicode elements in attributes of fences did not work
- Compatible with FF9 - FF12
- New: Context menu "Edit in Firemath"
- New: Tab with letter like symbols
- New: Optional transparent backgrounds when saving or copying images
- New: mtable support when reading files
- Fix: Attributes open and close were treated incorrectly when reading files
- Compatible with FF6 - FF9
- New: First (incomplete and partially tested) implementation for reading MathML files
- Fix: Parameter linethickness in mfrac treats percentages correct, now
- Compatible with FF5 - FF7
- New option for output of Unicode values instead of entities
- Improved HTML5 export
- Improved copying of equation bitmap to clipboard
- Uses HTML5 internally
- Removed support for FF 3.
- New: Preferences dialog.
- New: Preference specifying if single chars are stored in history.
- New: Preferences for hot-keys.
- New: Entry in appmenu.
- New: Shows release notes after update/install.
- New: Shift-click on identifier button enforces <mn> element.
- Fix: Improved checking for numbers.
- Fix: Add root to composed object did not always work.
- Change: Icons are SVG images, now.
- Change: Spaces are pink in editing row, now.
- Updated to support FF 4.0
- Added comments to the source code according to reviewers request.
- New: Interpretation of simple LaTeX expressions.
- New: Export of HTML5 code.
- Removed: Support for FF 3.0
- Fix: Inserting fences within fences did not work correctly.
- FF 3.6 added to supported browsers.
- Change: Variables wrapped according to reviewers request.
- Change: Favicon now set in a way that works with FF3.6.
- New: Double, triple, quad primes.
- Fix: More consistency in naming id's.
- Fix: Correct XHTML export.
- Fix: Keyboard editing did result in strange behavior if Firemath was opened in multiple tabs.
- Change: Displays equation twice: In editing mode and properly rendered.
- Change: Equation images get cropped to equation size for copying or saving.
- New: Extensive keyboard support added.
- New: Warning message about deleting a composed object can be disabled.
- New: Greeting window shows Firemath version number.
- New: CSS attributes added for better rendering under different Firefox themes.
- Fix: Event listeners get removed before Firemath is reloaded.
- Fix: ApplyFunction in composed objects should no longer result in rendering errors.
- FF 3.5 added to supported browsers
- FF 2 removed as supported browser
- Changed: Opens in empty or new tab
- Changed: Comment added to dialog for saving/copying MathML
- New: Copy equation bitmap to clipboard
- New: Bases of subsup or underover expressions can be modified
- New: (experimental) Some hotkeys defined
- Fix: Remembers path if saving bitmap/MathML
- Fix: \r\n in MathML on Windows hosts
- Fix: Solved problems when saving equation bitmap as JPG, i.e. alpha channel is correct, now
- Fix: Solved problems with color in editing mode
- Inital release.